Friday, June 28, 2013

Epidemic

It’s an ongoing epidemic, mostly for teenagers. Sure, I’ve tried it. It’s something everyone has tried once or twice. The first time I saw it I was mesmerized. I was in the Army playing war games, while stationed at Fort Riley, Kansas.

The field can be boring as shit or busy as hell, depending. It was one of those rare moments where we had a little down time, so my section and me, which consisted of: my chief, gunner and assistant chief Sergeant Bruce, number one man (the guy that loads and fires the cannon), and me the track operator, we sat there and joked around until Sergeant Bruce yells out:

“You guys gotta check this out, I’m gonna’ light my fart.”
“Bullshit,” I said. “That’s am urban legend.”
“Watch this shit,” he said as he dug deep into his pocket for a couple of seconds and withdrew his trusty Zippo lighter.
What I saw next would change my life dramatically.
Sergeant Bruce sat down, put his legs above his head, grimaced, and promptly lit his fart.
True That.
We laughed like a bunch drunk kids at a Three Stooges movie marathon. I mean I’ve seen this stuff on T.V. but to see it in person was unreal. Needless to say I was hooked. One could argue that wasn’t the smartest thing to do in a howitzer loaded with ammo, but hey we were bored as shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment